Friday, January 18, 2019

2018 in Review - Doll and Figure Entrances and Exits

2018 was quite a dramatic year for me personally and included relocating back to Canada.  As a result, I ended up selling and donating more dolls and figures than I have in years.  But let's start with the dolls and figures that joined us!

In February, I was joined by  Disney's Couture De Force 20th Anniversary Esmerelda from Hunchback Notre Dame. When I first posted about her I hadn't planned to keep her, but in the end she stuck around.


In March, I picked up a figure that I intended to keep, but ultimately ended up returning in the form of Kotobukiya's ArtFX Star Wars Poe Dameron & BB-8 from the new Star Wars trilogy


In the fall, I picked up a few block figures as well as DC Super Hero Girls Roller Derby Bumblebee.

And finally was one figure that I haven't reviewed yet, Funko's Rock Candy Batwoman (dedicated post to come within the next month or so).


On the outgoing side I bid farewell to a few of my larger (and smaller) BJDs.  The last one to leave (I sold him the week before I left Texas) was my Loongsoul XuanYan.


Leaving just before him was my Limhwa Half-elf.

And prior to her was my Fdoll Charlotte (she never received a full review, but you can see her mentioned in this 2014 post about unfinished dolls

And perhaps most surprisingly I sold the doll that's been my comment profile photo for several years, Dollzone Alpha.

Some non-BJDs also made their way out, including Hearts for Hearts Surjan who found a new home with fellow blogger Beth from Dreaming of Dolls.

Also making their exists were a number of toys that I donated to various organizations before leaving Houston which included Canterwood Crest Breyer horsesMadame Alexander's Travel Friends NamasteHiccup from Spinmaster's How to Train Your Dragon line, and a few other random toys.
.


And that just about covers all of the entries and exits from 2018!  I don't have a sense of what direction I'd like to take my collection this year, so it will be interesting to see how things go.

I hope you've all had a wonderful New Year's celebration (if you celebrate) and wish you all the best for 2019!



20 comments:

  1. I hope your relocation was uneventful.

    I enjoyed seeing the dolls that have entered and exited.

    I plan a recap of last year's entrances soon.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually still in the midst of house-hunting and things have been uneventful so-far, but I'm hoping they stay that way. :)

      Looking forward to seeing your recap of the year!

      Delete
  2. Hi JS,
    I guess moving back to Canada played a big part in the clean out, but I don't know how you could let some of them go, especially your Dollzone Alpha. Bit like giving part of yourself away I would think.
    Still I this will make way for some exciting things to come. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I'd decided that 30 big dolls was too many for me, it was a real challenge decided which dolls to sell. What made it easier was that I had most of them in boxes for a year after my prior move and that made it very clear which dolls I missed seeing every day and which ones I could probably part with.

      It was still a little sad though!

      Delete
  3. I hope that your fresh start to your life and your doll collection brings a very happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the move all went well for you and you are now settled in the new place. Sad to see some of your dolls moved on but sometimes these things have to be done. I too was surprised at Dollzone Alpha because I had noticed that one had been your profile photo for a while now. As they say, when one door closes, another opens so who knows what direction your collection will take now and that's something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little strange to have made so many changes to my collection, but so far I've found that I haven't really missed any of the dolls that found new homes this past year.

      I did feel a little wistful when I changed my profile picture here to a different doll, but I think that was more about change in general than anything deeper. :)

      Delete
  5. I do hope the relocation was not that painful.

    You had a lot of changes in your collection, undertandably. Sad that Poe left, I like BB8 and find her cute. I wish you the best for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was less painful than I'd worried it would be, so that was good!

      I hope 2019 is treating you well so far! :)

      Delete
  6. Hope that 2019 started out well and that the move are going well. It can be hard to let go of things, but then there is place for something new. Enjoy the new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, there's now a place for something new. That's a great way to frame it. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  7. Relocation sure is a lot of work, I'm glad you are settling down at last.
    Sad to see some dolls go, but the excitement for new dolls is fun! Can't wait to see how your collection goes~
    Hope you have an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!

      I'm still house-hunting, so I have another move in my future, but each step means there's that much work that's behind rather than in front of me. :)

      Delete
  8. Quite interesting to see how your collection has evolved as well as which ones you let go and the new ones you acquired. Wishing you all the best in the new year as well your resettling back to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I hope 2019 is treating you well so far. :)

      Delete
  9. I like all your coming and goings, they are interesting....I should have done a post like this...but it would have been a little unbalanced last year LOL. There were definitely more incoming to outgoing to be honest...so much for my 'one in one out' policy.
    I look forward to seeing where your collection goes this year.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I've definitely had years that were much heaving on the incoming side myself! ;)

      Delete
  10. I have always wanted to do something like this.. I hope I can carve out some time soon ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can too because I'd be curious to read it! :)

      Delete