Friday, April 29, 2016

Funko Friday: Jaime Lannister (Game of Thrones)

In the box.
Another week is coming to a close, so let's open up another Funko POP! In honour of the new season of Game of Thrones starting up last week, let's open a figure from that line, shall we?

Today's figure is the second release of Jaime Lannister - there was an earlier release that was meant to look like the character as he was earlier in the show - that one had golden armour, longer hair and two hands, while this one has a simpler outfit and the golden hand (making this the third week in a row that I'm opening a one-handed character figure - that wasn't intentional, but it's funny how that happened!).  

Unfortunately the simpler outfit means this figure has less detail to talk about, but he still manages to look like the character which is good enough for me.

Now let's open the box!




The back of the box, showing off the rest of the releases in this series.

The inner packaging.
He seems more off-centre than they usually do, doesn't he?

The rear view has fairly minimal detailing.

There is slightly more sculpted detail on the front.
And that's it! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. My son loves these little figures, but I don't think he is in Game of Thrones, although I do believe that it was this series that had some scenes filmed in the next town to ours here in Spain :)
    Not being a fan, and never having seen one single episode, I didn't follow it but am sure it was this!
    Love this cute little fellow though, I think these figures are sweet but no, I mustn't be tempted!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool that they've shot episodes near you! Given all the great scenery in your photos, I'm not surprised! :)

      Delete
  2. I am a huge GoT fan and I love this little guy! Jaime has become one of my favorite characters, so it's pretty cool that they made this version of him. I can wait for Sunday night's episode! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, me too! Especially now that the show has diverged from the books! :)

      Delete
  3. These are cute little characters. I have no idea what Game of Thrones is apart from it being a television series? (No TV here) I have seen some of the Star War characters like this in Hamleys at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, a TV series (it's also the name of the first novel in the series of books that the series is based on) - I actually prefer the book version of this character to the TV version, so I like to imagine him with more of the non-TV personality.

      Delete
  4. Oh he does look quite nice though despite less detailing than the last. I don't really read the books or follow the tv series of that particular title so have no idea about the character but the doll looks quite nice - the character looks very calm in those light colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, there are some POP figures that have this level of detail that I think start to get a little generic, but I feel like this one stayed on the side of simple-but-distinct. :)

      Delete
  5. Haha! He's a funny little square head, a very amusing little guy. I'm always amazed by the eclectic nature of your collection.
    Hope you're enjoying your weekend JS.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't complain weekend-wise - I hope yours is the same! :)

      Delete
  6. I've never seen a full episode, just bits and pieces of the lady who is the Mother of Dragons(?) I like dragons so it's cool to see them come to life. The show does an excellent job with. I would like to see the dragon Funko in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - they've made full size ones of all three of the dragons, and from the ones I've seen on the shelves, they look great.

      I had the mini sized dragons, but sold them recently (along with most of my other GoT mini figures) - they weren't nearly as impressive as the big ones though.

      Delete
  7. I was so, so happy when the 6th season started, even with the time difference I do not mind. I looove these cute Funko Pop figures! <3 I really need to get some of these for myself. But I do not know where to place them, but that can be a joy looking for a new place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, half the fun of new figures is thinking up a way to display them, right? :)

      Delete