Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Out of the Box: MegaConstrux Monster High Clawdeen Wolf

I had these photos taken in mid-October and had every intention of having this post up the day of Halloween. What better day to post a werewolf, right? But I promptly forgot about that, so now it's better late than never!

Being unboxed today is another block figure in the form of one from Mega Construx/ Mega Blox' Monster High line, the werewolf Clawdeen Wolf.  These figures have two more points of articulation (for seven points of articulation in total) than the WellieWishers of the same style, and two fewer than the Assassin's Creed line (The AC line is aimed at the 14+ collector market, while the MH and WWs are marketed primarily for the child market).  Interestingly, these figures have the least amount of sculpted detail to their faces of the three.

The figure comes packaged with a simple half-block stand, a bracelet and mirror accessory set, and a multi-block stand that requires assembly.  The stand was not particularly sturdy or attractive, so I was unimpressed by that addition.



.
The front of the box. 
.
The back of the box, which shows the other two figures in the series.
.
Out of the box and in a bent-legged running pose.
.
Rear view, showing off the sculpted details of the hair.
.
.
The accompanying instruction sheet
.
Compared to the smaller WellieWisher and Assassin's Creed figures
.
A parting glance.
 And that's a quick look at Clawdeen! If you're familiar with the line or have any of the larger playsets, I'd love to hear about your experiences with them.

And even though I'm two weeks late, I hope you had a happy Halloween!



8 comments:

  1. Belated happy Halloween to you too :)
    I know what that's like, meaning to post something, having it all ready and completely forgetting. I was going to do a group shot of my artist dolls for last Sunday, which apparently was 'support the bjd artist' day...of course I completely forgot and on this occasion, didn't even get as far as taking the photos! LOL
    This little figure doesn't appeal to me as much as the sweet little Wellie Wisher girl, but then it could well be because the bigger versions of the Monster High dolls don't hit the spot with me like the big WW girls do :)
    I do like the tiny WW girl though, she would make a nice dolly for a dolly!! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Support the BJD Artist day! I completely forgot about that as well! :o

      Delete
  2. I have a bunch of these little MH Megablocks and I really like them. Although their faces are a little "stoic", I still enjoy collecting them and photographing them, and it's fun how many separate pieces they are in just a small figure. My daughter has the Draculaura playset (it's her room, maybe?) and we had a lot of fun constructing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! How big is that playset? The box looks enormous but I know that's not a good way to judge the size of the set once it's built.

      Delete
  3. Ah Mega Blox. I actually have some of the larger sets that I put together. They're really easy but I find they aren't as good as lego in that some parts do take a bit of effort to click into place. I've got the Creeperific Creation Lab and Draculaura's lair but I'm not sure what the official name is for that last one.

    Thanks for your review! And great to see a post from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      I've only checked out the character sets for these so I'd wondered how the full sets compare to Lego. That's too bad that the quality isn't quite as nice.

      Delete
  4. This was new to me! Never knew that they had mega blox like this. Have not seen any around here, though. Great review!

    ReplyDelete