Wednesday, April 1, 2015

New Headers & A Quick Thanks to TheToyBox1138!

I wanted to give a quick shout-out to The Toy Box, whose Playing with Logos post reminded me that I've been planning to update my blog header for the better part of six months now. And to say thanks for creating a brilliant Star Wars-inspired one for this blog!

I'm still playing around with the sizes, background colours, and whether I'm going to stick with adding a photo, but I thought it would make more sense to make the changes out in public where I can hear people's opinions rather than just sitting on them and debating it with myself!

I'm still fond of my old header/banner, but it wasn't particularly representative of the majority of my content, so it was definitely time for a change - but let me know what you think! :)

The old, all-BJD banner says goodbye.



17 comments:

  1. Your new Star Wars inspired header looks awesome! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! TheToyBox deserves all the credit for coming up with it! :)

      Delete
  2. I do think it should be a bit bigger. Even on my relatively large computer monitor, I can't really see those figures clearly. Otherwise, it looks sharp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I'll give it another go in higher resolution so that it'll look better, larger.

      Delete
  3. LOVE it! The warm-hot letters against the dark background. The 2 figures to the left. I agree with Barb about going bigger. I couldn't quite make out the figures so I did a view image. Glad I did 'cause that's a cute and unexpected pairing. I like your new tag, "A Documentation of Dolls and Figures." You're inspiring me to tweak my header ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions - I'll give it a go!

      And I'll be curious to see what you do with yours as well! :)

      Delete
  4. I love it! It looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *whispers* I don't want to be the only naysayer but uh, I kinda like the old one better. *regular voice* But only because I'm very much into imagery and your old banner was full of dolls even if those are not the only types of dolls you showcase. I guess I would rather the wording be smaller rather than the images. I'll shut up now because I don't even have a banner so who am I to talk, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the feedback, no need to whisper! ;)

      I was originally toying (uh, no pun intended) with having the logo bookended with photos, so I might try something like that in the future, so we'll see - I might find some happy medium. :)

      Delete
  6. You header makes me think I am about to see a great movie or something. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, that sounds like a good association to me! :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the shout out. Glad you like the logo. Let me know if you were thinking of something else, and I can help you with it. Same for all who commented here. Happy to help with Blog logos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They say a change is as good as a holiday. :) It's pretty cool.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, that's a great saying. And thanks! :)

      Delete