Sunday, July 26, 2015

Retro Week: Cabbage Patch Kids Mini Figures

Four of the Cabbage Patch mini figures
Before I get back to my regular posting schedule, how about one more treasure from my mother's basement?  Up this time is a random bag of vintage Cabbage Patch Kids mini figures.  They're fairly standard for mini figures of the era: nice sculpted detail, decent painting, but no articulation.  This particular collection is about evenly split between the traditional girl dolls, the "Koosas" (anthropomorphic cat dolls), and one of the "preemies" (the bald infant dolls).

I brought the bag home with me and when I opened them up I discovered that some of them seem to be degrading over time, but I think if I cleaned them up they could still be presentable.  But I still thought it would be fun to photograph (and share) them in their current state.

In any case, let's take a look! 
The bag of figures.

Koosa #1
Koosa #2
Koosa #3
A cheerleader
A dancer
The "ready for bed" doll - I should have
photographer her from the back as well,
because there's actually a teddy hiding back there
The "ready for a bath" doll, complete with
rubber ducky.
The sole representative of the Preemie line
The Valentine's day doll
And that's the lot of them!  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them once they're cleaned up, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

And finally, the whole line up.





12 comments:

  1. I've never seen these little guys before. I remember when the CPK came out and it was a HUGE deal. My mom tried to get me interested in them but I was just like, "uh, no thanks." She lost interest too when she saw the price, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. My sister had a couple of the full size dolls, but what I always wanted was the horse!

      Delete
  2. I've not seen these before either, and they are really quite cute! I think they make quite a good display all standing in a row. I hope you're able to save those that look a bit degraded!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      My fingers crossed that the degradation isn't any deeper than surface level. We shall see!

      Delete
  3. Very cute! I never knew there was a horse in the large-dolls range as you said in reply to Muff's comment! Was it stuffed too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The horse was stuffed, but more firmly than the dolls (that way he could stay upright while they rode him). He had similar yarn hair to the dolls as well.

      Delete
  4. Very cute JS, never seen CPK so tiny. They'd make great kids birthday cake toppers! :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that, but you're right - they are the perfect size for cake decorations! :)

      Delete
  5. I've got a mini CPK somewhere ... they can be toys for your playscale kids, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point - I'll have to pose some of them together sometime. :)

      Delete
  6. Ahhh, I love these! Brings back the memories :)

    ReplyDelete