Monday, July 20, 2015

Retro Week: Mini Figures of the '80s & Fast Food toys of the '90s

A random assortment of Retro mini figures
I've just come back from another week in Toronto (happily, this visit was for a wedding rather than a funeral), so I was able to snap a few more photos of my mother's basement toy trove.



A pair of Donald Ducks
A foursome of Figment the Dragon
A trio of Mr. Snufalupagus
A trio of Garfields
A pair of unrelated finger puppets
A relaxed Jar-Jar
A ready-for-work Dinosaur
And finally, E.T. with his phone

I also found a few others that I thought might be interesting enough for their own posts, so those ones will be up over the next few days (unfortunately I didn't have the space to bring many back with me though, so I won't have access to most of these for future comparisons).


14 comments:

  1. Cute! My favorite among these is the Peppermint Patty finger puppet. "Hey, Chuck!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, she needs the rest of the Peanuts crew, does't she?

      Delete
    2. She's a good-natured gal, PP. She looks pretty happy among the crew she's with ;-)

      Delete
  2. Nice! I love the E.T. :) Snuffie's pretty cute as well. They all bring back so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The three Snuffies are favourites of mine too - I wonder if they're old enough to be from the days when he was still imaginary...

      Delete
  3. Hi JS!
    What a lot of treasure you found there! Oh I do love Garfield, he's probably the only cat I could ever love, he's such a strop. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, thanks! I'm not a cat person, but I feel the same way about Garfield. :)

      Delete
  4. Cute figures :-). I'm fond of Garfield too, the jokes are so funny sometimes. And ET of course, the sweetest alien ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, that's the perfect description for ET! :)

      Delete
  5. Peppermint Patty was also the one that immediately drew my eye. Other than Snoopy, I've never seen a Charlie Brown character as a toy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I'd never really thought about it, but you're right - Snoopy does dominate the Peanuts tie-in, doesn't he?

      Delete
  6. I like the Peppermint Patty. I wonder what other figures were made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, but now I'm wishing I'd taken a photo of the print on the bottom of her - I'll bet someone somewhere has a database of Peanuts collectibles!

      Delete
    2. 'cause I can't resist a quick search and the Peanuts characters are so darn cute - ta da.

      Delete