The Liebster Award question tag is making the rounds, and thanks to Musume of My Dolly Adventures, the tag has come my way. I always have fun reading other people's answers to these, so let's get on with it!
- Thank the person who presented you the award and link back to their blog (Thanks, Musume!)
- Post the award image on your blog.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
- Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post. Inform the people you chose of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog and link them your post.
Have you learned any craft because of the hobby?
Not technically, but I did buy a new sewing machine when I first got into the hobby because I was intending to get serious about making doll clothes. That didn't really happy, but hey.
I have! I missed the order period of Iplehouse's Shadow Chase the Magician back in 2009, and thought I'd gotten lucky when someone posted theirs up for sale on DoA. I excitedly messaged them, but I was too late, and they'd sold him to another owner that same morning. But then a few months later that second owner listed him for sale, and that time I was first to ask, and I brought him home (and even better, she was in Canada, so no customs fees!).
|Mr. Shadow Chase himself, now known as Murad|
Do you have a preference for any BJD size in particular?
I prefer the biggest, SD+ ones, but these days I'm appreciating the portability of MSD-range ones.Do you collect any other type of doll besides BJDs?
I do, primarily action figures, but I dabble in play dolls (mostly American Girl size) and fashion dolls.
|A random sampling of the dolls and figures who share|
Have you ever "re-shelled" a character?
Not yet, but I've been thinking about getting a new body for my IH Cocori/RS body hybrid, so that may be on the horizon (the head would stay the same though, so maybe that doesn't count).What calls your attention first: the head sculpts or the body sculpts?
Definitely the head, but the body can be a deal maker or breaker.Do you "research" the hobby? (find new releases, read reviews, find info about brands...)
I do. I check the news on BJD Collectasy a couple of times a week.Do your dolls have a back story?
They do, but my dolls tend to have a meta-existence and know they're dolls, so their stories are very malleable and shift over time.How do you take photos of your dolls: go outside, prepare a big setup, or just snap in any place?
Going outside is always my favourite, although depending on where I've lived it's not always the easiest choice (when I lived in the DC area we had a loft with no outdoor space, so that was my year of indoor photography - that's where the group photo above was taken). Given the choice though, I'll always head for the garden.
|I always loved taking photos in my garden|
Which is your main avenue to enjoy the hobby? Blogs, videos, forums, social sites?
This blog, a few different forums, and Flickr.Have you done doll cosplay?
No, but I've often thought about making my YID Aaron into my Dragon Age Warden:
|YID Aaron, and my Dragon Age: Origins mage|
THE NEW QUESTIONS
1. What was the first doll or figure that started your collection?
2. What were your favourite doll-related moments of 2015?
3. What are you looking forward to in 2016?
4. Do you have a favourite doll in your collection?
5. Do you have a favourite size of doll, and if so, which one and why?
6. Do your dolls have character back-stories?
7. Do you prefer to buy character dolls or blank slates?
8. You can have any doll maker make the doll of your dreams. What does it look like?
9. How do you protect your dolls from damage (sunlight, hungry pets, angry children, wild animals, etc)?
10. How do you store your dolls?
11. How do dolls fit into your everyday life?
TAG, You're it!
As always, no pressure if you don't enjoy doing these, and if you've done one already this month (I've tried to skip people whose lists I remember reading, but sometimes it all blurs together), feel free to skip it.
And there we go! Looking forward to reading everyone else's responses, and thanks again to Musume!