Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Random Green Army Man

In what could be a sequel to The Lonely Doll Shoe, on today's morning dog walk we had another surprise toy encounter: this time a green plastic army man figure standing atop the dog bag dispenser.
The army man on his throne.

I wondered how he got here. Did a child leave him behind on the ground where he was discovered and then put on top of the box so that if the owner returned they'd find him more easily? Was some other toy blogger doing a photoshoot and accidentally left one of their subjects behind? Is he part of someone's scavenger hunt? Was there an artist hiding in the bushes taking photos of the people who stopped to look at him?

.
Rear view.
.
Sunrise
How about you? Have you had any random toy encounters lately?


10 comments:

  1. Youngest Genius Daughter lost her cell phone outside one winter, when there was several inches of snow. Someone found it, probably around the time of the first thaw, and put it up on the nearby cable or electric line box, to make it easier to find. I'm going to go with accidentally left behind on this one, even though there's no snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your daughter was able to get her phone back after the season changed? That's wild! I don't suppose it still worked after sitting in the snow for months, but impressive that it made it back to you guys!

      Delete
  2. I like that you stopped to take pictures of him! I agree that he was probably left behind. Maybe he was one in a group and they didn't notice he was gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't not take pictures of him - I figured I needed proof for when I told the story! ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi JS!
    My first thought was ~ I wonder if "The Republic of Geektopia" has passed this way?

    Seems GREEN is today's colour, I have just redressed a few of my tinies in GREEN today. :)
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, there we go - green it is! ;)

      I hope you have a great weekend, as well!

      Delete
  4. You find such interesting things on your walks. I wonder too how the little green man found himself to be there in that spot. You could spin such tales about his adventures.

    No random toy encounters here sadly although I haven't gone out to check the bowerbird nest yet. I am sure there are goodies in there most likely. There is guaranteed to be some sort of plastic toy there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bowerbirds nests are brilliant! I bet you find all kinds of stuff in those - that's awesome that you have them nearby! :)

      Delete
  5. I would love a good toy encounter! I love seeing random stuff like that. I bet he was put there by an adult for the next adult "toy appreciator" to find and enjoy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, maybe! That almost makes me want to take a mini figure over there some time and see what happens - would someone take it? Move it around but stay in the area?

      I like the idea of it going out and having mystery adventures! :)

      Delete