Monday, July 7, 2014

Out of the Box: Yukiko Amagi (Figma)

Close-up.
I've talked about my fondness for the Persona game series before, and mentioned that while I admire the vast line of unarticulated PVC figures that have been released from it, I'd rather have something with posing options.  And this Persona 4 Yukiko Amagi Figma is exactly what  I was looking for!

As is standard for Figmas (a line of articulated 13cm PVC action figures produced by Max Factory), this figure is fabulously well-articulated, and includes three option faces (each with a different expression),  two weapon accessories, three pairs of glasses, five pairs of option hands and a stand.  The accessories are all equal in quality to the doll itself, although the size does make me worry about losing them - a branded zip-seal bag is included though, and I imagine many people probably keep everything in the box, so I may be alone in being disorganized enough to worry about that!

The figure and accessories
The body is well-painted (the print on the skirt is fantastic) and well-sculpted (the knit pattern of the cardigan is impressively detailed) with detailing of the clothes that perfectly matches the character from the games.  The colours are also bright and even, which is perfect for a display piece.  If I have one complaint, it would be that the stand seems to be a little too large for a figure of this size (but that's a very minor concern).

I've been admiring the Figma releases for years, but this is the first one to join my collection, and I have to say that I'm thrilled with her. 
In the box.
Posing with her battle-fan.
Posing with the secondary battle-fan
In comparison to the non-articulated Kanji figure.

6 comments:

  1. I really like the Figma line except for the price connected to them. I only have 3 myself but there are dozens of them i would love to own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I got lucky in finding this one - it had been opened, so the seller offered quite a discount even though everything was still in there.

      Delete
  2. Oh, she is soooo cute! The battle fans are incredible. "Battle fans," lol. Now those are novel accessories. Not every figure comes with that sort of weaponry ;-D

    Thanks for sharing her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      The fan is one of those things that I loved about the game (also the chair that the other figure is holding) - I like the novelty of not everyone needing to have a sword or a gun.

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, she's gorgeous! Articulation is a bonus, but even without it, the sculpt and clothing give her movement as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      They did a great job on her, it's true - even when she's just posed standing upright there's just something dynamic about the style. :)

      Delete